Here at Notgrove we are passionate about the environment and preserving the countryside and nature. With this in mind, and to support the Green Canopy initiative for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee we have planted over 3,500 native trees next to Notgrove village to create a 3-hectare wood. Just as the estate did for Queen Victoria’s coronation in 1838 when they planted Coronation Wood. The wood is being named in the Queen’s honour and will be known as Elizabeth’s Wood.
Each tree in Elizabeth’s Wood is now available to sponsor. We are happy for you to supply and install a plaque at the bottom of your tree with the details of the person you are dedicating the tree to as a wedding gift, birthday or Christmas present, in celebration of an event or achievement, or in memory of a special person.
It costs £25 to sponsor a tree which also includes:
- Access to Elizabeth’s Wood to visit your tree
- A personalized certificate
- 5% discount on any bookings made with Notgrove Holidays www.notgroveholidays.com
- Access to all the permissive footpaths around the 1,500 acre Notgrove estate
- Permission to add your own wooden plaque at the base of the tree for the duration of the sponsorship